How to make a curtain from a sheet
If you are wondering what to do with countless fabrics in your home, fret no more for we tell you how to make a curtain from a sheet. You can use it to decorate your bedrooms, kitchen and any part of the house. The best thing is you might even pull it off to make stylish drapes out of fabrics you have at home.
Oftentimes, it’s difficult to find the right curtains because of several reasons. The print on the fabric looks tacky or the colour is not right. You might even find that the store has not enough curtains in the design you wanted. In addition, the prices of drapes in general are pretty expensive. This is why as an alternative, we recommend learning how to make a curtain from a sheet.
How to do it
- Measure the windows where you will put curtains. As a general rule, curtains should be 1.5 to 2 times wider than the window frame.
- Fold the hem over of the sheet depending on how thick your curtain rod is.
- Sew the hem or rod pocket and iron it afterwards.
- Slip it through a curtain rod and presto, you have instant curtains.
- You can also just sew the hems on both ends and use clip ons for hanging. As an estimate, if the width of the fabric is 152 cms, you would need at least 10 curtain rings.
- If you are not really adept at using the sewing machine or you don’t have one, you can still make fabulous curtains.
- Use fabric glue or fringe adhesive on both sides of the hems to make sure the fabric does not fall apart. Let the glue dry.
If you know how to make a curtain from a sheet then you have a lot of options when choosing fabrics that will go well with your home. Browsing through the fabric or bed linen section just makes it easy to design that perfect accessory for your boudoir. When you manage to make beautiful curtains from bed sheets, then you can do anything with the vast choices in the market.