How to refill Nespresso capsules
Your used Nespresso capsules can still be recycled. In this article, we teach you how to refill Nespresso capsules correctly so you can still have that fresh brew without the high bills. All you need are a few materials and lots of practice for a great cup of espresso coffee.
To refill the capsules you will need the following:
- Thin aluminum foil
- Nespresso capsules
- Coffee (espresso flavours of your choice)
Here is how to refill Nespresso capsules in easy steps:
- First, you have to clean the used Nespresso capsules. Get rid of the used coffee grounds. Use a paring knife and remove the lump carefully.
- Wash the capsules with warm water and rinse abundantly.
- Dry the capsules. Be careful not to poke holes in the capsules.
- Fill the capsules with espresso coffee. You can put a bowl under whilst filling in order to avoid wasting ground coffee.
- Pack the ground coffee down tightly.
- Use a spatula to level off the rim of the capsules filled with coffee.
- Wipe around the rim of the capsules with a dry towel.
- Cut a round piece of foil that is slightly larger than the rim of the capsules. It will be roughly 45-46mm in diameter.
- Crimp the foil around the capsule and secure the undersides. Make sure your foil is not oversized or hot water will overflow around it.
- Insert the filled capsule in your Nespresso machine and voila, you are ready to enjoy a cup of steaming espresso.
- Reuse by following the above steps.
By learning how to refill Nespresso capsules yourself, you will save lots of money. Moreover, it will also give you the freedom to experiment with different blends of roast coffee without depending on what is available in the market. And if you are worried about your contribution to the environment, it will also reduce what you dump in your garbage bins when recycling coffee capsules.